Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Disliking Alex

That first post I made about A Clockwork Orange was written not very far into the book, but since then, my feelings toward the narrator have gotten worse and worse. I still feel that he is shockingly unbiassed, but what he does to people and women specifically is horrible. The way he uses classical music as a fuel for his power and rage is strange to say the least. I have always thought about classical music as a way to express emotions, but not really to fuel them. I also feel that he gets a completely wrong message from Brandenburg, which I usually see as a somewhat jovial composition. I know that this post is a tad bit premature, but I feel almost sick about saying that, "I don't feel a large amount of hate for him." in my last post, so I feel that I must post this one ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment